Open Stack Cloud Administration (CL310) Level III
- Enroll This Course
Learn to deploy, manage, and configure storage and OpenStackThe Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Course content summary
- Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Access Ceph Storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
- Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
- Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
- Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
- Troubleshoot Neutron issues
Not sure if you have the correct skill-set knowledge? Find out by passing the online skills assessment.
Audience and Prerequisites
Audience and prerequisites
Experienced Linux® system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who want to learn:
- To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
- The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron
Prerequisites for this course
- Have earned the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
- Have earned theRed Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or have equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210) course
After the Course
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certified Engineer in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX310)
- Become a RHCE in OpenStack by passing our exam, where you will demonstrate your abilities to integrate and configure with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Ceph Storage, and Neutron services.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration II is the second half of the nine-day tract for a student working
to become a Red Hat Certified Architect in OpenStack (RHCSA). CL110 is the first course in the
OpenStack series and covers the basic proof of concept for implementing a cloud computing
environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform. CL210 is another use-case driven course focused
on developing the skills needed to troubleshoot and manage the lifecycle of a private cloud.
Following the completion of CL210, students can sit for the Red Hat Certified System
Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack Exam, where they will earn their RHCSA in OpenStack upon
successful completion. Both CL110 and CL210 are based on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10
(Newton), the latest major release. Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking (CL310) and
the Red Hat Certified Engineer in OpenStack Exam (EX310) are currently being revised to update
from RHOSP 8 to RHOSP 10 and complete the updates to the OpenStack learning path. Additional
courses that complement the OpenStack learning path are CEPH125 and CL320.
Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Create snapshots and clones
Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Ceph with the Glance Image service
Integrate Ceph with the Glance image service, the Cinder block storage service, and the Nova compute service.
Introduce networking fundamentals
Explain standard networking concepts and OpenStack Neutron networking concepts and services.
Implement virtual bridging
Install and manage virtual network bridges.
Implement virtual network devices
Create and deploy virtual network devices.
Implement network namespaces
Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
Manage neutron services
Verify and manage the configuration of Neutron networking service.
Provisioning project networks
Provision project networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
Troubleshoot Neutron networking services
Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.