The performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) tests your knowledge in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across all Red Hat® products.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator. If you choose to continue your learning journey beyond RHCSA, the credential can also serve as a foundational step on your path toward our highest level of certification—Red Hat Certified Architect.
Objectives listed for this exam are based on the most recent Red Hat product version available. Click “Get started” to view all versions of this exam available for purchase.
Audience for this exam
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) and are on the path to becoming an RHCSA
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DoD 8570 directive)
- IT professionals who are on the path to becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- An RHCE who is noncurrent or who is about to become noncurrent and wants to recertify as an RHCE
- DevOps professionals who wish to demonstrate their expertise with the fundamentals of container technology
Prerequisites for this exam
- Have either taken Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) or the RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) that combines those courses or have comparable work experience as a system administrator on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Review the Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam (EX200) objectives
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam.