Red Hat Storage Server Administration (RH236)
- Enroll This Course
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Gluster Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
This course can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage exam (EX236).
Note: Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration is part of our emerging technology series of courses. These courses focus on Red Hat’s newer, evolving technologies. Emerging technologies courses are feature- and functionality-focused and are conducted like guided labs, with little lecture. For more information about these courses, please contact us.
Course content summary
- Install and configure Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB
- Explore geo-replication
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift
- Learn about snapshots
- Learn about the Hadoop plugin
Audience and Prerequisites
Audience for this course
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Gluster Storage.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended.
Prerequisites for this course
- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience.
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the needed skills can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
After the Course
Recommended next exam or course
Demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed to implement flexible storage solutions for on-premise and hybrid cloud using Red Hat Storage Server.
Introduction to Red Hat Storage
Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
Explore the classroom environment
Gain familiarity with the classroom environment.
Install Red Hat Storage Server.
Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
Understand different volume types.
Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
ACLs and quotas
Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
Grow storage volumes online.
Configure IP failover using CTDB.
Unified file and object storage
Configure Swift object access.
Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
Learn about the Hadoop plugin configuration.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.