The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280) tests the knowledge, skills, and ability to create, configure, and manage a cloud application platform using Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
Objectives listed for this exam are based on the most recent Red Hat product version available. Click “Get started” to view all versions of this exam available for purchase.
Audience for this exam
- System and Software Architects who need an understanding of the features and functionality of an OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
- System Administrators who need to support the initial establishment of an OpenShift cluster.
- Cluster Operators who need to support ongoing maintenance of an OpenShift cluster.
- Site Reliability Engineers who need to support the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of an OpenShift cluster.
- System administrators who want to demonstrate their OpenShift Container Platform skills
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs) who wish to become a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- System administrators or developers who are working in a DevOps environment using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Prerequisites for this exam
- Have taken Red Hat OpenShift Developer I: Introduction to Containers with Podman (DO188) or have comparable work experience
- Some experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting is benficial. A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is recommended but not required.
- Review the exam objectives