The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam (EX288) tests your ability to deploy existing applications in a Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform environment.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
Objectives listed for this exam are based on the most recent Red Hat product version available. Click “Get started” to view all versions of this exam available for purchase.
Audience for this exam
- Application developers in a DevOps role who are responsible for managing a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Kubernetes environment
- Application developers in a DevOps role who are responsible for implementing a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Kubernetes environment
- Application developers who are responsible for creating containerized applications or converting existing applications into containerized applications
- Site reliability engineers
Prerequisites for this exam
- Prior to taking this exam, you should possess a basic understanding of container technology. Some programming experience is strongly recommended but not required. The ability to use documentation to learn how to use unfamiliar or new applications is required.
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam.
- Completion of Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288) is strongly encouraged but not required.
- The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers and Kubernetes credential is strongly encouraged but not required.