A developer introduction to building and managing containers with Podman for deploying applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman (DO188) introduces students to building, running, and managing containers with Podman and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. This course helps students build the core skills for developing containerized applications through hands-on experience.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8.6 and OpenShift® Container Platform 4.10. The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers exam (EX188) is included in this offering.
Course content summary
- Introduction to containers
- Run containers with Podman
- Build custom container images
- Manage container images
- Remote debugging with containers
- Basic container networking
- Persist data with containers
- Run multi-container applications
- Troubleshoot Container Deployments
- Orchestrate containers with OpenShift and Kubernetes
Audience for this course
Developers and Site Reliability Engineers that are new to container technology.