Python programming for beginners
Python is a popular programming language used by system administrators, data scientists, and developers to create web applications, custom Red Hat Ansible Automation modules, perform statistical analysis, and train AI/ML models. This course introduces the Python language and teaches fundamental concepts like control flow, loops, data structures, functions, file I/O, regular expressions, parsing JSON, and debugging. This course is based on Python 3 and RHEL 9.0.
Course content summary
- Basics of Python syntax, functions and data types
- How to debug Python scripts using the Python debugger (pdb)
- Use Python data structures like dictionaries, sets, tuples and lists to handle compound data
- Learn Object-oriented programming in Python and Exception Handling
- How to read and write files in Python and parse JSON data
- Use powerful regular expressions in Python to manipulate text
- How to effectively structure large Python programs using modules and namespaces
- How to use third-party libraries using the pip CLI tool.
Audience for this course
- System administrators and DevOps personnel who want to use Python to automate operating system tasks
- Developers from other programming languages who want to learn Python for writing applications
- AI/ML, data scientists, and engineers who want to use Python for data analysis and machine learning