A Key To Success: Red Hat Certification
- May 24, 2015
- Posted by: Sujeet Nayak
- Category: Linux Careers
Red Hat Certification is the forerunner in the IT performance based testing. It endows you with the power of becoming qualified professionals and also allows technical personalities to establish their skills and escalate their career. The program launched in January 1999 is considered to be one of the most promising Linux Certification Program. It is not merely an IT Certification. It is different from others as it certifies you only based on hands- on and practical exam. Through these exams your ability to grasp and execute practical world task is judged. It enhances your quality of handling real IT world.
Purpose: The utility
Red Hat Certification increases your market value as an employee and as an employer you are assured of having officials of best practical skills. With this you are all set to take the world as you already have first- hand experience of situations which one faces in real world job arena.
This program offers IT professional certifications for RED HAT products and general Linux related skills.
RED HAT CERTIFIED SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (RHCSA)
- This entry level certification programme focuses on your ability as system administration including installing and configuration of a RED HAT Linux system.
- You have to pass EX 2O0 (half – day) hands-on lab exam to achieve RHCSA.
- There is no pre-requisite for the exam.
RED HAT CERTIFIED ENGINEER (RHCE)
- RHCE enables one to move from mid to advanced level.
- More improvised topics like Security and installing common enterprise networking services are taken up.
- The pre-requisite for this is to clear RHCSA exam, EX 200 and added to it EX 200 (two-hour) hands-on lab exam.
RED HAT CERTIFIED SECURITY SPECIALIST (RHCSS)
A more advanced level, based on the security skills that is generally covered in RHCE certification .It adds on with deeper knowledge in Network services security, Directory services, authentication and Security Enhanced Linux policy management.
- To achieve this you need to pass three year exams: EX333 (six hrs -2 parts, each 3 hrs exam) on Network Services, EX423 (4 hrs exam) on Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication and EX 429(4 hrs exam) on Security Enhanced Linux.
- The pre-requisite for taking any of these exams is RHCE.
RED HAT CERTIFIED DATA CENTER SPECIALIST (RHCDS)
An advanced level and improvises on system administration skills covered by RHCE.
- You need to qualify three exams: EX 401 (4 hrs exam) on Enterprise Deployment, EX 436 (4 hrs exam) on clustering and storage and either EX423 Or EX318 (3 hrs exam) on Virtualisation.
- The pre-requisite is RHCE.
RED HAT CERTIFIED ARCHITECT(RHCA)
Popularly known as “the Capstone certificate”, it is considered to be most complete certification course.
- You need to pass five exams: EX 333, EX 401, EX 423 or EX 318,EX 436 and EX442.
- Pre-requisite is RHCE.
- RED HAT CERTIFIED VIRTUALISTION ADMINISTRATOR(RHCVA)
- It focuses on Virtualisation administration.
- You need to clear one exam: EX 318.
No pre-requisite but require knowledge in using and installing Microsoft Windows operating system.
J BOSS CERTIFIED APPLICCATION ADMINISTRATOR (JBCAA)
- It stresses on managing JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- You need to pass through one exam: EX 336 (4 hrs exam) hand s-on lab exam.
- No pre-requisite is needed for the above.
So if you want to shine like a star, go for Red Hat Certification. It will take you a step ahead.